[Poetry]: Gregthepoet Wrote a piece: I Miss You

I Miss You


I miss you more than I thought I would

The late texting and mid night snacking

Your vision of a perfect man you see in me


I’ve always seen myself as one without care of what worth keeping

Until I couldn’t lose you

Your eyes are still the most perfect thing God created

Don’t get me to start with the way your smile brightens up my day

I could be a scientist because I found a star that makes the sun take the part of the moon

I could say I’m in love but love is overrated

What I feel is more, feelings like boiling lava meeting cold water I could form a blue magma

I dare not sway

It’s like a molting of the old me lost with the inability to uphold me

Now I steadfast

My phone has never felt more fragile

Stirring at it each moment hoping your name will pop up

I’ve found myself lost in your pictures thinking how lucky I am

Our favorite song doesn’t sound the same way without you I still listen for you when your verse comes up

I’ve started working out because you’re not here to spoil my body with all that sweet pastries and calories

Nah, I lie I secretly take a bit hoping it reminds me of how your lips taste

I don’t go out to our favorite spot cuz in your arms is where I want to be

Now your friends check up on me like on a sickbed

Becky said I still have to pay for the last meal we had we made a mess of her place

Your thought has always been like the cold winter breeze, you’re an oasis

My hiding place

I always feel so sure of myself

Now I miss you more than I thought I would

A construct of your emotions.


Hope you enjoyed the piece.

You could get more from him  Click Here



Comments